Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Covered Goods multi use cover

Hello, hello!

If you want to skip right to the video review - check it out here!

Let me tell you a story.  When my first son was 2 months old we took him to the Oregon Coast. Have you been?  The Oregon Coast is BEAUTIFUL, and with it only a couple hours from our house it is a fun destination.  It was summertime.  The wind was howling, like it does at the coast and the breeze was cool.  Yes, summertime at the beautiful Oregon Coast does not mean warm.  We dipped our feet in the water,  let our pup play fetch in the sand and I wrapped a warm blanket around my then tiny babe.  It was great.  Until it wasn't.

I knew the time for baby eating was fast approaching and I made a plan in my head.  I'll just sit here, in the sand, and feed the baby.  It will be soothing to sit by the ocean.  A magical moment for both of us.  Wrong.  He got hungry, I hunkered down and he would not latch.  The wind and sand blowing in his face did not make for a magical eating experience.  I got out a blanket and tried to cover him for shelter.  The blanket blew and the breeze was cold.  He cried.  Nay, he screamed.  Now he was really hungry.  Frustrated, I said to my husband, "I am going to head to town and feed him there." After a brief "are you sure?" conversation I took of running.  Baby in tow, through sand.  Let's just say I was moving as fast as I safely could.  He was screaming that sad new baby scream and I was sweating.  As a mother, I just wanted to give my baby what he needed.  Fast and comfortably.  It took a while to run from the water to a wind-free spot.  Baby crying, mom near tears, I sat on a stair guarded from the wind and fed my baby.  It was the first time I nursed in public and it was a horrible experience.

Oh, how I wish I would have had a guarded nursing cover then. Something that would have blocked the wind and sand without blowing away.  Something that would have allowed me and my babe to have a private moment together while I sat on a stair on the walk path.

Enter Covered Goods.  Now, with my second child I have that covered moment.  And I cherish this piece of material more than I ever knew - and my sister in law, for introducing me!  If you want to be covered, nursing in public, go HERE now.


This cover gives us 4 options: nursing cover, car seat cover, shopping cart cover and scarf.

We use it most often as a nursing cover and car seat cover.  I love both of these options because the jersey knit material is breathable and stretchy.  My baby isn't stuck under a heavy cover or blanket, but he is protected.

Let me tell you my top 3 reasons for recommending this product.  Then, check out my video review HERE or keep reading and look at pictures while I babble.

Reason 1...  I CANNOT handle carrying around too much stuff.  Between diapers for 2, wipes and snacks (OH THE SNACKS!! Why is everyone ALWAYS hungry?! Me included) extra clothes, wallet, toys, blah blahhh... I don't need, nor do I have room for a blanket, nursing cover, cart cover and car seat cover.  A 4 in 1 is a mom's best friend.

Reason 2... I don't like my back hanging out.  I don't always wear nursing friendly shirts.  I just don't.  I commit to nursing for too long to limit my wardrobe to shirts that are easy access.  Plus, I have so many layers.  Inevitably my shirt is just being lifted to gain access and therefore my back is hanging out.  I don't want strangers (or anyone for that matter) starring at that beautiful hunk of skin above my pants. This nursing cover gives me 360 coverage.  I could have my shirt completely off for all you know.  And you don't, cause you can't see.

Reason 3... The prints are like a cute accessory.  Covered Goods has a print for every one.  Neutrals and prints, feminine and masculine.  Seriously, something for everyone and if there is one thing I love, it's having a baby product that doesn't scream "BABY".  Their patters are chic and on trend, a little personality in your baby accessory.

Reason 3a.... sorry, one more.  Aside from the before mentioned 4 uses this cover is made for, we particularly love using this cover as a blanket.  Both of my sons love this as a blanket in their car seat, or I have wrapped the baby up in the cover at the park as an extra layer.  I have also heard of people using the cover during skin to skin time in the hospital.  I didn't, but I wish I would have.  That skin time is so important for mama and babe right after they are born and while I don't really care what the nurses see (haven't they seen all of me anyway?) I don't want to grab a blanket when someone brings me lunch or changes the trash.  So now we have a 6 in 1 product.  I love it even more.


Head over to Covered Goods, as fast as you can.  Buy yourself a cover.  Or your friend. Or both. You will thank me later.

Thank you Covered Goods!  Cover pictured c/o Covered Goods.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment